Thursday, November 13, 2008

Visiting the Homeland

From my place it is not that far to Norway, but it got considerably colder. We were all very happy to have our thick coat and the tufted toesies (which my mom likes to call "snowshoes") came in handy too.
That's a sight to behold, isn't it? One of many Norwegian lakes we visited. We really liked what we saw on our trip. The rough beauty of nature somehow mirrored our personalities we thought.The forests are vast and untouched by humans. I see why there are many legends telling about trolls inhabiting these forests. They have a magical touch to them! We sniffed around a bit but didn't meet any trolls, though.
Time passes by so quickly when you're having fun. It felt natural to chase over big boulders and climb trees non-stop! It got dark on us much too early, at least for my taste! Here you can see us resting by a river: me absolutely knackered and my Big Sisters In Floof standing guard. They really lived up to their promise to my mom and cared for me how only cats could care.Gladly we spent the night in this pitoresque log cabin. There even where some mice!
I wasn't allowed to steer the big Magic Carpet anymore because the drive was far too shaky and unstable. So my BSIFs gave me my very own mini Magic Carpet. It was suitable to hover around just about ground level. I was glad to have it, since it had snowed quite a bit on our second day in Norway!
I will leave you for today with the picture of our most famous ancestor. This chap is "Pans Truls" and it's with his first offspring - born on the 17th of April in 1974 - that breeding of the NFC started. This guy set a great standard - isn't he beautiful?
Please visit Miss Kitty's, Fin's & Momo's blog to find out everything about our exciting trip!

16 comments:

Quill and Greyson said...

You look so cute on your mini carpet!! Our ancestor sure is handsome!

Sweet Purrfections said...

What a beautiful country to match such beautiful kitties. Be careful in all of that cold and on the magic carpet.

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Hehehehe, you sure look cute on your furry carpet hovering above the snow. Wow! Our ancestor is one handsome and rugged kitty!

Have you heard that Fin is going to take us to the Arctic Circle for some more exploring tomorrow?

The Cat Realm said...

WOW - what a mancat!!!
And as I said to Momo already - awesome pictures but I am sure glad I can watch from the warmth of my own home, hahahahahahahaha.
These temperatures are not for a desert cat like myself....
But you guys sure have lots of fun.
Karl

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I think it is very exciting that you got to see your homeland.

Everycat said...

That mini carpet is just perfect for you Siena. The forests are so beautiful yet they are improved by the presence of you floofy gals.

Pans Truls is utterly stunning!

This is such a great adventure!

Whicky Wuudler

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

What a trip! Thanks for sharing the magic with us!

Your Pals,
Sen-Chan, Tom and Tama-Chan

Maggie May said...

Your ancestor is a handsome mancat! We love reading of your exciting adventure!!
~The Creek Cats~

Phoebe said...

What a wonderful adventure! The log cabin with mice and those enormous pines that would make endless scratchposts are a dream come true.

Anonymous said...

Norway is so beautiful. One of Mom's favorite photography blogs is in Norway. Spectacular light and vistas!

Jans Funny Farm said...

You have a mini carpet of your own? Wow! We don't even have our own car yet.

Sure looks cold there. Good thing you have lots of floof.

Nomi said...

Good job you haf so much floofiness, you need it in all that Norweigan snow. Personally, I prefer my radiator. I Love your ancestor, a very handsome cat indeed.

Mickey's Musings said...

Siena, that is a lovely place!! The scenery is super!!!! I love your mini mat!!
That Pans Truls is an awesome cat to :o
I have you featured on my T13. You have some nice coments from certain cats ;)
Purrs Mickey

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

That is soooo beautiful! Glad you all have lots of floof!!!!

Purrs,
Shade

ps~ We have given YOU an award!

The Cat Realm said...

Siena - did they leave you behind??? The others are at the Arctic circle already, admiring the Northern lights!

Luna und Luzie said...

Great trip Siena.
I´m a Maine Coon, maybe I can visit the american wood....that´s my homeland. Ich bin eine amerikanische Waldkatze.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...